Friday, January 11, 2008

Bags from towels

Remember, the current theme is to make a bag using (preferably vintage and recycled) linens.
So that would include towels.
Although I hope you get more creative than this, it's a stepping stone.
Bags from towels
From Make it with Towels, Cannon Mills brochure.
No date listed.

Towel Robe and Beach Bag
(sorry for posting this a second time, but it's applicable again)

Garden tote from a towel
(click on image to enlarge. Flickr doesn't size horizontals well)
From "The How To Book: Do it Yourself with Stevens Utica Sheets & Towels", by J.P. Stevens & Co, 1978

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, that little drawstring bag is cute!

January 13, 2008 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Recycled By Hyena said...

ohhh I am definitely on that one...Is there a deadline?

January 18, 2008 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger The Tattered Rose said...

I love your blog! I hope you'll take a look at mine because I think part of it will be right up your alley! So glad I found you!
Cheers, Trish G.

January 20, 2008 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger The Tattered Rose said...

So glad you liked my purses. Please stay tuned for further instructions on the blog or send me an email address so we can discuss further.

January 20, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Indigo Blue said...

hello,
Where have you gone to? What is the latest about the linen challenge? Hope you are ok.
Best wishes.

February 14, 2008 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, this is an interesting post. I never really thought about making my own bag but, that sure would be fun. Usually I get my designer bags from portero.com but your blog post has perhaps inspired me to try creating one too!

February 16, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home