Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pattern inspiration

Along with vintage patterns, of course there are lots of new patterns on the market for bags.
There aren't any beach bags, per se, but I want to mention a company Melly & Me, out of Australia (sisters Melanie and Rosalie have several commercial bag patterns available. I already mentioned Rosalie's patterns in an earlier post).
They also have an etsy shop.

Here's a bag one of their blog readers, Cathy of Miss Marzie, made from their 'Sunshine' pattern out of tea towels--isn't it incredible?


Another reader, Lisa of Pink Lemonade Boutique. made this gorgeous scrappy log cabin bag using the tutorial on the Melly & Me site.


Their newest pattern is called 'Sherbet'

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Hi there,
I have just stumbled on your blog thru Melly & Me. I was so surprised to see the picture of my bag which used teatowels on your blog. Anyway, I will give you the link to my blog www.missmarzie.blogspot.com.

I will really look forward to reading all the stuff you do.

June 9, 2007 at 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Barb! And thanks even more for the link to this blog - I think I may be here for a while now browsing through the history! I love new blogs to comb! =)

June 10, 2007 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home