Monday, July 23, 2007

Are you sewing your beach bag?

Oh my gosh, the internet crashed where I was staying, so I apologize for my absence here.
Now I'm home, and it feels so good to get back on the computer!

I'm getting a bit nervous about this current challenge, as I've had very few entries so far.
Come on guys--there's still time.
Even, um, I haven't started yet.

Still not sure what you're going to create?
How about a fun shape?
Like this cool scarf-like beach bag (design 'b') from 1949
Vintage bags patterns, 1949

Or maybe for you it's all about the fabric.
This out-of-print Burda pattern calls for terrycloth to make the simple tote--to me that's an invitation to use a vintage beach towel for fabric.
Burda beach wear pattern

Speaking of sewing with beach towels, Indygo Junction has a current pattern available to make a large tote out of a towel.


Okay, now get sewing!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home