Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New ideas

How about if you make a convertible tote that becomes a beach mat.
Trick Beach Bag Pattern
(this pattern from Smart Sewing Magazine, 2nd edition, 1950)

Maybe you could figure out a way to turn a cute poncho like this into a bag...
Bathing suit/poncho, 1970

Think outside the box, people.

What do you like to do? Picnic? Swim? Play games?
Make a bag appropriate for your uses.
There's an expression in design--form follows function.
In other words, be creative to serve your own needs.

Perhaps you need a tote for art supplies, or camera equipment.
I personally need supplies for the dogs I take to the beach, so I may journey in that direction.

What new ideas can you come up with?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pink Stitches said...

WoW - what fun and cute ideas!!
Multi purpose and multi functional is the way to go!! :)

June 13, 2007 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi,

I finished my bag and I have to say I was very inspired by the blow up bag post. It go me thinking of beach balls and how I could cut them up. From there my mind wandered to waterproofing, and then to what I ultimately decided I needed which was an insulating feature. I am going to post about it soon.

June 14, 2007 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love that silly pom pom trimmed poncho.

Thanks for the continued inspiration, for some reason I'm having trouble getting my head around the beach bag project.

June 16, 2007 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home