Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mosaic!


Bling Purse-top detail
Originally uploaded by artandartifacts
Wow, isn't this gorgeous?
Talk about inspiration for refashioning an old box purse.

This is made by Susan McSherry, aka Art and Artifacts.

She describes the method: "I used a bed of thinset- pushed the pieces into the thinset. Some pieces are jewelry, some are buttons, pieces of stained glass, some of my Brighton metal salvage. I sell some of the metal stuff on Etsy.....I have a shop there...artandartifacts.
The body of the purse is sanded, sealed, faux finished and coated with several layers of poyurethane. The "mosaic" doesn't need any sealers...all the pieces have their original metal finishes... "


Her etsy shop.
Gallery of her work.

1 Comments:

Blogger LindaM said...

Very nice! Thanks for posting this. Mosaic is one technique that never even occured to me until now.

April 3, 2008 at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home