Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Arty Little Purses


Canadian artist Dale Ann Potter makes "arty little purses", and wow, are they special.
They are 6-1/2 inches square, and no two are the same.
She welcomes custom orders.

For the one pictured, she says, "I used scraps from that never ending tote, add a chiffon scarf, then quilt and embroider until I figure it's enough. I melt back some of chiffon scarf.... make it into a purse, sew on little bits I've collected on my jaunts to the thrift stores. The handle can be any length."

If that's not inspirational, I don't know what is!
Ideas like this--melting, melding, embellishing...those are the type of things I hope you consider challenging yourself with trying.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU Barb for featuring my Artful Little Purse.
I, also, sell the pattern for this which gives you coloured photos with instructions. Its a PDF file.

February 23, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home