Monday, December 29, 2008

Photo Gallery, and a new challenge

Well, I've been holding off on finalizing the photo challenge bag because I really wanted to finish mine.
But I just haven't had the time, and I really don't want to lose my readers here, so let's move on, shall we?
Only four people submitted bags for this challenge, which is really a shame, because there could have been some grand gift opportunities.

The entry from Aimee is particularly interesting.
I hope you go to her blog and read about it.
Aimee

Anyway, see the gallery.

The next challenge will be to construct a bag using one or more scarves.
Let's try to get back on track and aim to have these completed by March 1, 2009.

All Buttoned Up has a tutorial for this 10-minute bag that may get your juices flowing, though I hope you take it one step farther (embellish it or something)


I posted a video previously about how to tie a scarf and make it into a bag, but that's not what I'm asking for now.
The video was fun, but this challenge needs to be more creative than a few knots.

Simplicity has a current pattern (#4263) that uses a scarf for its fabric.(views A and B)

Souvenir scarf made into a bag tutorial.

You could always use a scarf as embellishment.
Inspiration here at Pernes Bags.

I like to use scarves as apron ties, but they make fun purse handles too.

Some vintage patterns (like this one I posted previously) use scarves for fabric.


Just stretch out of your comfort zone...that's all I ask.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home