Monday, October 1, 2007

New Gallery up, and a new theme

Wow, it's October already!
Well, unfortunately, the response to the Amulet Bag challenge was quite slim
I am debating ending this blog if response continues to be so low.
Shame really, as it's a really fun idea and there is some great information here.
Anyway, The Amulet Bag Gallery is up
(only three entries, and I'll post mine soon too).

I've been struggling with a theme this time around.
The next challenge takes place in October and November, so I have to acknowledge that Halloween and Thanksgiving both take place during that time.
Too, lots of you will be thinking ahead to Christmas or Hanukkah, so perhaps I should consider that?

What I decided on for Challenge 4 is Make a Container Bag.
In other words, make a bag that maybe is a trick-or-treat container, or a gift bag, or carry-on luggage.

Maybe a laptop carrier, or a camera bag, or an iPOD cozy.
A gadget bag could actually be a theme unto its own right, but I'm giving you huge leeway.

Consider gifts for others perhaps, to lighten your load in December.

Or maybe you'll make some sort of craft caddy!
Like this crocheted caddy by Lynn Szwalkiewicz.

Tutorial on her site, Craftiblog.
She also has a tutorial for a crocheted cell phone case.

Cute clutch for crochet hooks from Craft Leftovers.

Instructions to make a crocheted iPOD cozy.

I like the felted pig cozy from West Coast Crafty.


A camera cozy from Evil Mad Scientists.

Collapsible Bucket
Instructions at Instructables.

Also at Instructables, a CD carrier for you car visor.

Here's an option for a trick-or-treat bag.
I like that this uses craft foam--a material we don't often consider stitiching.
Info for the pumpkin bag here.

Knitted treat bag instructions by Lion Yarn.

Quilted bottle tote, by Pink Chalk Studio.

Tutorial here.

Shoot, you could make a simple lunchbag, like this one by Tumbling Blocks.
Or this one from Sew News.
(other tutorials on the sidebar here also)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I didn't get a bag made this time :( I even had a great idea but life got in the way. Hopefully things will be back on track soon and a container bag will materialize before the next deadline.

October 1, 2007 at 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Container bag sounds like fun! Especially since I've asked for an iPod Touch for my (October) birthday.

October 3, 2007 at 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The amulet bag wasn't my cup of tea, so I have really been looking forward to the latest challenge. A container bag...will give it some thought and I'm sure I can come up with something useful. I enjoy your challenges, hope there is enough interest this time!

Posey

October 7, 2007 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I think there will be more interest in a 'container bag' at least I hope so, I'd hate to see your purse project blog go by the way side. I am thinking on what I want to make and submit, you can count me in on this one!

October 7, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this blog and love the inspiration. Don't give up yet.

October 8, 2007 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Lu said...

Oi Barb ... estou sempre passando por aqui para ver as novidades ...também adoro bolsas, principalmente fazê-las. É muito bom compartilhar idéias e técnicas...bjus

October 10, 2007 at 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't close down. You may not get a lot of comments, but your site does generate a lot of ideas. I came across it in a link from Beading Daily, and have been on twice without getting to the end!

October 12, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you are quite the busy woman designing and creating all of those custom handbags and accessories. I especially enjoyed looking at the Halloween bags you did. It’s a bit late this year but next year I may go that route for my little ones. I enjoy seeing unique handbags of all types and since I collect purses your blog is nice.

Have you ever tried or considered putting together a dog carrier? I have a little Chihuahua that I like to take around town when I run errands but it’s a real hassle because I have nothing to carry him in. If you know of anyone who makes something like that, please let me know!

October 31, 2007 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Anonymous: If you input an email address, it did not come up on my notifcation of comments, so I'll have to reply to you here. This blog is about ideas and challenges and inspiration. I am not the one who designs nor creates the bags here--they are from across the blog world. I have not made a dog carrier, but there are some patterns currently available on the market (your standard Simplicity, etc). A dog carrier fits perfectly with the current theme--I may do some looking around.

October 31, 2007 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger LindaM said...

Please don't get discouraged. I actually made the beach bag, then started school and got caught up in that. I missed the other challenges...when is the next deadline? And thanks for all the inspiration. You do a great job.

November 12, 2007 at 4:58 AM  
Blogger Indigo Blue said...

When does the ammulet bag theme end? Is it too late to take part? i have only just found your blog site.

December 7, 2007 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 9, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home