Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finally, a new gallery and a new theme (with a great prize!)

Okay, I'm at a client's house so I have access to a computer.
Well, unfortunately the last challenge only brought forth three entries.
Sigh...
It was really difficult to choose a winner, but I did promise to offer a prize this time, and I can't afford (I wish I could) to send prizes to all three.

So I decided to give Kara the prize this time.
Kara (after)

I am sending items that I think can be useful in purse-making: bodkins for lacing ribbons or elastic through casings, a marking pen, a magnetic clasp, and a purse-shaped cookie cutter (everyone needs a little sugar for energy).

The gallery is up on Flickr.
I want to thank all three of these ladies for offering continual support to this blog.

Okay, now for a new theme.
Let's try this one more time, shall we?
Tell all your friends--let's get some response this time, okay?

Summer is coming and we could all use some little beach bags, gym bags, or quick and easy projects.
The new theme is Tee Shirts!
Yep, recycle a tee or several tees into a bag.
And I don't mean simple squares--please try to think outside the box.
Send me a jpg of your bag to my email at barbian7(at)yahoo(dot)com.
You have until the end of June.
I will post a new gallery July 1.

For example, Smashley Bug made this adorable bag from two shirts--the main bag portion is from a tee, and the handles are from a tank top.


It's a great way to memorialize a tee you have sentimental attachment to, but it no longer fits or it's worn in places.
I'll try to find more examples to inspire you.

Pfeffermint_ish has a great tutorial for her yellow bag on Craftster that you might want to try.


And yes, I'll offer a prize to someone too--a tee from Threadless!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Blue said...

I think that perhaps my pink purse photo either was not the right kind for the competition or you did not get it intime. Never mind. I have nunerour tee shirt that could do with a new lease of life. I shall blog about this comp on my blog at the weekend.

May 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I always include everything submitted, even if it isn't totally per the theme. But I don't think I received any info on this. Did I reply to you initially? I apologize if I just made a mistake--especially with my computer crashing, things have gotten a bit confusing. Please submit it again and I'll add it to the gallery.

May 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger RecycleCindy said...

Looks like a fun contest. I just might have a find a fav old tee that needs a new purpose. Thanks for the new challenge.

May 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Okay, this one sounds just up my alley... both in skill and in availability of supplies! I guess I'd better get to work! :-) I will plug about the contest also tomorrow. ~Hettie

May 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Hey, I just wanted you to know that I love this project and found it too late to do a bag for June, but I am so going to do this! Can't wait to read up and see what you're doing for July!!

July 1, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home