Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Scarf Purse inspiration

Hagar International is an organization that provides vocational programs for women and children who have experienced extreme abuse.
Women in Cambodia are taught to weave the traditional
Khmer Kroma scarf, with which this bag is constructed.

"Trash Bags"
take vintage products (scarves, skirts, blouses, etc) and make one-of-a-kind purses(ooh, applique...now there's an idea...)

I can envision piecing bits of vintage scarves (or it would work with neckties too, but that's another challenge...), to mimic the patchwork bags by Coach

Fringed scarf purse tutorial , from the DIY Network

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

I need to sew an Amy Bulter Shoulder Frenchy Bag and was wondering if you have seen any good tutorials online that would give me some much needed instructions.

One thing I wish all video instructions would do is not focus on the person doing it and focus on the project.

I'll check back later. I am having internet connection issues.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

January 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I haven't made that bag, so I don't have info on it, but I would suggest going to the Amy Butler group on flickr.com, and in the discussion section you can ask there. If you're not a member of flickr, it's easy to join, and it's free. You could also write to Amy Butler's site, but check flickr first.

January 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

Oh, Thanks so much!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

January 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Gone to Earth said...

What georgeous bags you've pulled together for this post. I don't why I haven't found you before. (I followed a link from Indigo Blue). I think I may be back more often. It's just my kind of place...

January 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home