Saturday, April 11, 2009

Inspiration from Laura Kluvo

A year ago on my neckties blog, I posted about all the amazing projects made by Laura Kluvo.
She has such great examples of bags, I'm going to repost here so you can get some ideas, get excited, and participate in the current challenge.

Laura was my inspiration to start blogging, and my inspiration to start sewing with neckties.
Laura is the creative force behind RickRackRuby, as well as the popular Blogging Project Runway.

Necktie Schoolbag
tutorial on Craftster, and also on Craftbits

The amaziing 1000 Points Messenger Bag.
(click on image to enlarge)
She says, "If you look closely you can see that I have inserted tie tips into the the seams on the front like feathers. It was really hard to keep everything lined up. It turned out great though, didn't it?"
Back of bag:


Big Bag

Slouch Bag

You can collage with necktie pieces--some of the wild fabrics available on neckties would be perfect for this technique
Gypsy Rose Bags, with rose embellishment made from a necktie also



Necktie Rose
Tutorial on Craftster

Or, if daisies are more to your liking, make Necktie DaisiesTutorial on Craftster

Necktie Backpack


Determined to not waste any portion of her ties stash, she started making handbags that utilize the middle section (large points go into skirts, small ties go to making necktie daisies)
"Here is the handbag that I made from the leftover bits of the Pink and Purple Necktie Skirt. I lined it in hot pink velveteen and added a giant rhinestone brooch."






"This one has a peacock theme and is accented with a vintage peacock brooch".

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

Wow Barb, thanks so much for including my designs on your blog. Neckties are so much fun to sew with, I never get tired of them!

April 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home