Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Purse Patterns, etc

When you're approaching one of the challenges here, you can always use a pattern.
There are lots of indie companies out there other than the big four (Simplicity, Butterick, McCalls, Vogue).

One of my favorite sites for Japanese fabric, is Super Buzzy.
You can buy Japanese purse patterns that aren't the same worn out designs--they are fresh, fun, and worth a try.
These sewing patterns are by designer Etsuko Furuya, for Echino Fabrics:
Boston Bag
These bags are especially stunning in the gorgeous selections of Echino fabrics (I would love to have them all!)

Laptop Bag

Messenger Bag

And of course we all know that Japanese Craft Books are the creme de la creme.
I am drooling over this one, Favorite Fabric Bags

The site also sells supplies for making bags, such as these cute
cherry bag handles

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Blue said...

This is very useful, thanks, I am going to go and take a closer look.

April 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Bette's Bags said...

I'm loving my first visit at your blog! I can't wait to visit all of the other "Purse People" blogs that you have listed. Really a great blog!

April 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Did I tell you've I've actually been to SuperBuzzy to pick up my fabric?! So much cuteness in that one place!

April 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home