Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flashbags

Off theme, but I discovered this company called Flashbags (wearable art handbags) that I think deserves a plug.

They can take your OWN photo images (how fun it that?!) and craft a tote from it,
or you can choose one of the designs they have available, such as this sea turtle by Don King


They also have famous art works from museums, and are partnered with several non-profit organizations if you want to work with them for a fund raiser.

Read more here, from a feature story published in the summer issue of Vermont Life Magazine.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sewing-Chick said...

How awesome! I would love to scan in some antique photographs and and make one of those bags! I know you can print on fabric... I think I'll give this project a try this summer! Thanks for the link :)

June 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

I actually posted the link so you might consider purchasing a bag from them.
However, keep watching my themes, because I have something in mind...
If not the next theme, the one after. I haven't decided yet.

June 16, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home