Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MighTee fine inspiration


This bag recently sold at Spiceyart's Etsy shop
Her blog, Keetsa.
Note she not only pieced shirts, she also stenciled and stamped upon them.
Aah, we're a long way from sewing up a rectangle, eh? Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about!

I love this one on Craft Juice too.

This one is currently still available for purchase at Heidi Monkey's Etsy shop.

Now this is a fun idea:
Cara Johnson of This Recycled Life, used tees to applique flowers and stems onto a bag.

So cute!
She is working on a pattern to sell in her Beautiful Garbage Etsy shop, so keep an eye out.

The great thing about t-shirts is that cut edges don't have to have finished edges--knit fabric doesn't ravel.
Of course you can turn under or use decorative stitches to finish if you want to.
I mean, you can do anything you want to do.
That's the beauty here.
But consider taking several shirts and using pieces here and there.
Consider embellishing with paint or ink or embroidery.
Let your imagination go for it!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Blue said...

I have now got my tee shirt but I am a little stmped at the moment as to what to do with it. I am sure that it will come to me in a minute. Lovely examples though.

May 29, 2008 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

love your stuff! I am a purse/bag/handbag addict!

June 4, 2008 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spiceyart bag is wonderful. Thanks for finding such great inspiration!!

June 6, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home