Friday, August 1, 2008

Clear inspiration

I recently purchased this tote on ebay

The seller said she found it at an estate sale.
I wonder who made it?
It is described as "Vintage dress pattern adorns this Clear Plastic Purse. Silver grommets hold the purse together. Two silver chain handles, covered with clear rubber tubes."
This idea could fit perfectly with the current theme--you could sandwich photographs under clear plastic or vinyl.

This journal quilt, Mexico Memories, by Jane LaFazio, started my interest in sewing with vinyl.
(click on image to enlarge, or click on link to go to Jane's website)
You could consider making something like this in purse form, combining sentimental photos with trinkets.

You might even use a sheer fabric, or print your photos onto sheets of organza made for the printer.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane LaFazio said...

Hey Barb!! thanks for the plug! I'm still working in vinyl, but not as much as I used to. Isn't so fun, isn't it?
xo

August 2, 2008 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
I would like you to have an award which is on my blog. Pop over as I think you and your blog deserve it.
Best wishes

August 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home