Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fabric Collage

One of my personal favorite styles of expression is collage.
The current challenge of incorporating a photograph into your purse design is a perfect opportunity to consider collage.
I always am inspired by the creations of Bari J
Look at these amazing bags that were published in a recent issue of Belle Armoire


Equally inspiring is Calamity Kim.
Her tutorial on making a gnome house purse could easily incorporate photo transfers


And how cute is this journal page by Gooma8x that honors her dog, Cinda Lou Who?!
(click on images to go the her Flickr page)
The photo is transferred to fabric, and also incorporates collage with applique and machine stitiching.
Something like this would look great made into a bag.

Cinda Lou Who...feb26
Originally uploaded by gooma8x



She also made this "Tell me a Story", a photo of her pregnant daughter

Tell Me a Story
Originally uploaded by gooma8x



"Loose Ends", that captures trimmings under a layer of netting


Originally uploaded by gooma8x



and "Let's Celebrate", a photo transfer of herself and birds

Let's Celebrate 64 (#10)
Originally uploaded by gooma8x

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet! I am making more house bags soon!
I am finishing up one that I started a few months ago- with lots of yoyo's and some collage that I painted and then printed on fabric!
I do want a new bag!

July 19, 2008 at 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, you!

August 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger gooma8x said...

thank you for showing my Littles using photo transfer. I love your blog and the collection of ideas that you showcase.

May 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home